NORAMCO is part of a global leader in the distribution of wire and cable and related infrastructure products. We are looking for ambitious, customer focused individuals with previous related business experience to join our growing company. We have an immediate opening for a Warehouse Associate in our Winnipeg location.
We are looking for an experienced warehouse person who enjoys a fast paced environment with a desire to improve themselves and advance within the company. The incumbent will be a team player who demonstrates initiative and a positive professional attitude and manner.
Warehouse Employee Tasks/ Responsibilities:
- Receives inventory from carriers, verifies the condition to ensure there are no damages, enters received inventory into computer and puts inventory away into stock.
- Inspects outgoing orders to ensure products match sales order, confirms status of order in computer, prepares shipping documents and co-ordinates with carriers’ schedules to ensure timely delivery of goods to customers.
- Performs all cable cuts as required in a safe and efficient manner, notifies shipper that product is ready to ship, performs material rewinds as required and updates face tags after a cut is made.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment, encouraging productivity and security at work.
- Liaises with sales and administrative personnel to ensure interdepartmental communication is timely and accurate.
- High school diploma
- Capability to work as a team player
- Excellent Physical condition
- Good Math skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Warehouse experience is an asset
- Current forklift certification is a must
- RF experience is an asset
- Competitive Compensation
- Extended Benefits
- Profit Sharing
- Opportunity for growth both personally and professionally