Download Canadian Electrical Code (CEC) changes.
The new Canadian Electrical Code was passed in January of this year.
The Canadian Electrical Code is not law, it is a standards guide. By constitution the Provinces are responsible for electrical safety. In practice, the provinces adopt the code in whole or with minor variations. At that point of adoption, it becomes law in the province.
1. Power Over Ethernet
2. Installation of Identified Conductor at Control Locations
3. Bonding And Grounding
4. Arc Fault Circuit Interrupters
5. Disconnecting Means for LED Luminaires
6. Tamper Resistant (TR) Receptacles
7. Equipment Connected to Devices Having Class 2 Outputs
8. Increased GFCI Protection For Wet Areas
9. Continuous Loads
10. The 5% Rule
11. Kitchen Wall (not counter) Receptacles